Friday, August 10, 2007

Rebuilding the Blog

This morning I've been recluttering - I mean rebuilding - the links in the right hand column. What you see today, you might not see tomorrow. And what you don't see today, might be there tomorrow.

I changed the Library Thing listing to just be book covers. It's dawning on me that this is probably not user-friendly for those who are visually impaired, so I may switch back to the covers and titles both. (By the way, did you know that if you click on a book, it takes you to that book at Amazon.)

Some of the little lists just appeared when I made the switch to the new template. I think they moved over from my very first days with this blog - about a year and a half ago. I'm still thinking about how and what I want to add.

I hesitate to add Labels, simply because I have SO many - though I'm not sure I want to drop them altogether, either. In the meantime, if you want to find any past posts, you can always use the search box at the top left, where it says "Search blog".

If there's anything you'd like to see me add (or subtract), please leave me a note in the comments, and I'll consider it. Thanks!

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

That is a good idea. I need to organize better I think. Nice job on yours. It looks very neat.

Simple Faith and Life said...

Thank you, Esther. :) I hope that I haven't sacrificed efficiency for neatness. Now you have to click through to a page in order to get to a list of blogs, etc. But I felt it would make the sidebar less cluttered...
I always love visiting your blog, Esther. You have so much beauty there.