Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Letter from the Grinch

If you saw the movie How the Grinch Stole Christmas, you might remember the Grinch causing mayhem at the post office. He was delighting in sending out items such as, "Eviction notice, jury duty, pink slip." The letter I got was for jury duty; or as the Grinch would say, "Jury duty, jury duty, jury duty!"

Actually, I got the letter a few weeks ago, but tonight I called, and my number came up. So I'm heading off tomorrow with all the commuters who are heading off to work.

Actually, I got my first letter at the beginning of the summer. At that time, I was eager to do my civic duty. But they said they didn't need us...and would call us again in a couple months. This time, I'm concerned about our upcoming school year, for which I haven't finished my lesson plans. I'm even concerned about my blogging. How will I have time to do anything? I've never worked full time away from home since I've had children. But who knows? They may turn me away again anyway.

So, if you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know I got a case and I'm off being a responsible citizen.

No comments: