Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Prayers to Saint Therese

I think St. Therese is trying to tell me something! Within the past week I've had two different emails, one from a dear friend who is an extended family member and the other from a young dear friend from the past. Each of these emails was about an incident in my past in which that person had prayed to St. Therese. Two different eras in my life, two different needs, two different people, quite possibly two different novenas. But both to the same saint and both received a sign that their prayers were being answered (as indeed they were), and both told me about it this week, within a few days of one another.

There is a novena that I used to say every month to St. Therese that is very simple. You say 24 Glory Be's "in thanksgiving to the Most Holy Trinity for all the favors bestowed upon St. Therese during the 24 years of her life on earth". (For those who aren't Catholic, by "Glory Be's", I mean "Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen." And a "novena" is a prayer said every day for a definite period of time, most often for nine days in a row.) Some say this particular novena from the 9th to the 17th of each month. I hope to re-establish that habit, but for now, I've begun today!

There are also other beautiful prayers to St. Therese. This site has three different novenas to St. Therese, printed on a lovely background with a photo of St. Therese and a border of roses. You can pick the novena that best suits you...or your mood. I have added this prayer site to my list of "Catholic Prayers on the Net" in my sidebar, so that you'll be able to find it any time you'd like.

No comments: