Saturday, June 09, 2007

Does Anyone Know Who Wrote This?

I stumbled across this prayer today while going through papers. (That's right; I'm still not through the papers, although I'm getting real close!). I just had to take a break to share it with you here. But I so wish I knew who originally wrote it, because if there's one thing I really don't like, it's not giving credit where credit is due (and getting permission when permission should be had). Although I've also seen this prayer in email forwards, this one is typed up on a prayer card from a company. Yet it has no author mentioned, nor does it say "Author Unknown," or "copyright" or anything else. So, with a bit of trepidation, I go forward. If anyone out there is the author, please excuse me for reprinting it and come forward and give me permission? (smile).

Dear God,
So far today,
I've done all right.
I haven't gossiped,
and I haven't lost my temper.
I hadn't been grumpy,
nasty or selfish.
But in a few
minutes, God,
I'm going to
get out of bed,
and that is when
I'm going to need a lot of help.
Amen.

I just love it! Do you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how true it is! how humble,how human!
thanks for sharing,
Teresa