Thursday, May 03, 2007

What is a Meme?

What is a "meme"? I've been seeing this word floating around on blogs recently and wondering what it means. I've also heard of "being tagged". Okay, so today I was tagged with a meme. (Did I say that right?) Thank you, Esther, for thinking of me!

By the way, for those readers who are not any more blog savvy than I am, the Merriam-Webster online dictionary says a "meme" is "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture".

So...I have been tagged for a book meme, which means, evidently, that I get the joy of sharing with you the books I've been currently reading. And then I tag a few other people. Sounds a little like the concept of a chain; but since we have the blogs already (and we're always going to post something), it doesn't produce extra mail for the post office or any bother like that. It's more like we're all getting together over coffee to share.

Now that we know what a meme is, I need to get dinner, but I'll be back either later this evening or tomorrow to share some books. Y'all come back now, okay?

No comments: