Friday, May 04, 2007

Caveat about a Book Mentioned Earlier

Earlier today I shared the books I'm currently reading. There is something I want to add: Writing from Personal Experience is not a book I would recommend for your high school writers!

It's a library book that I am in the process of reading, so even as I was posting today, I hadn't seen some of the content that I read later this evening. Personally, for someone of my middle-age years, I don't see it as a problem; it's in much better taste -in my opinion - than some books I've found on the subject of writing (some of which I put down unread, even at my age).

However, in this current book, there are things mentioned, regarding "lifestyles" and such, that I would not necessarily want to infer to young people as acceptable writing - or reading - topics.

No comments: