Saturday, May 26, 2007

Book Title Meme

I've been tagged by Jean at Catholic Fire for a Book Title Meme. This meme was created by Nick at Literary Compass. Here are the rules, as he explains it:

"Blend two book titles together by using the last word of one title and the first word of the second title. If you want, you can blend the authors' names too. Like this:
The Divine Comedy 0f Errors by Dante Shakespeare
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince of Tides by J.K Conroy
The Canterbury Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Geoffrey Blume
The Screwtape Letters to a Young Poet by C.S. Rilkeand of course,
The Last Don Quixote by Mario de Cervantes."

Here are my "titles". Now we can write books to go with these titles, right? So much fun!

Purple Sage Treasure
Island of the Seven Habits
Copperfield the Incredible
Grand Canyon Escape
Princess Robinson
Wild White Stallion
Prosperity of the King
Red Fables

Here are the legitimate titles from which I fabricated mine. These are all books that I have read and recommend (I hope I spelled all the authors' names corectly):

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey
Brighty of the Grand Canyon by Marguerite Henry
The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Aesop's Fables by...Aesop, of course
Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Big Red by Jim Kjelgard
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn
The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford
White Stallion of Lipizza by Marguerite Henry
The Complete Father Brown by G. K. Chesterton
Escape to Prosperity by Wes Beavis

I tag anyone who would like to do this meme. I just want to tell you that as I was reading this meme at various blogs, I thought: I hope no one will tag me with this one. But once I started doing it, I quickly changed my mind and started having fun with it. Thanks, Jean, for thinking of me.

1 comment:

Jean Heimann said...

Margaret Mary,

You did a fabulous job on this! I'm happy you had fun with these after all.

God bless you!