Monday, February 12, 2007

"T" Time

Hmm, if it's February and I'm talking about "T" time, wonder what the "T" stands for? Hint: It's not a nice comforting warm drink. Dealing with taxes isn't very comforting in general. It usually brings up a few questions. Why didn't I keep receipts where I could find them? How long is "we moved" an excuse for not having one's papers organized better? And why, oh why, do we get taxed on income?

Well, I do think personally that the concept of income tax is just plain wrong. However, I don't think it was real "right" for Mary and Joseph and their kin to be required to go to Bethlehem to be counted so that the government would know how to tax them, either. Yet, ultimately, it all fitted into God's plan for our salvation. So...deep breath. Back to the table to work on the taxes...

No comments: