Sunday, February 18, 2007

Do Try This at Home - Just for Fun

Have you ever Googled yourself? (Isn't it funny the verbs that we have fabricated, using proper nouns such as Google and FedEx?). Just for fun, put your name in quotation marks in a Google search and see what comes up. Maybe nothing, maybe something. It depends on where and what you write. For example, if you write on a restricted e-group, what you've written there shouldn't come up on a search. If you write on a public e-group, it might. There was a time a few years ago when I put my name in a search, and up popped a message to an e-group of a sensitive nature...not exactly private, not something I was ashamed of personally, but...well, something I would rather not have had popping up with my name. Couldn't the search have picked something more impressive? Makes me think of how everything we say will be seen one day. Yikes. Maybe I should be quiet more. Ha.

So...just to warn you, my blog IS PUBLIC. I would absolutely LOVE for you to make comments on my blog, but please be aware that they are not private. Sometimes I even forget that myself…well, not really when I’m writing in my own blog, but when I’m commenting on someone else’s. Of course, you can post anonymously, OR if you don't use your whole name as I always do, then I guess your name won't come up in a search. Makes me think of that verse, "Fools' names like fools' faces often appear in public places." Hmm, now that makes two times I've called myself a fool on here ("Fools rush in where angels dare not tread. ")Wonder what would come up if I did a search for "fools"...

No comments: