Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Saturday Night Fervor

Household Hint: "It is better to do a half-way job than no job at all." I think I made that up...long ago. I used to say this often, but somewhere along the way I had totally forgotten.

Saturday is usually my heavy cleaning day. This past Saturday I spent a lot of the day on the phone with relatives and a close friend. It wasn't frivolous. But it did keep me from my cleaning. At nearly 9 p.m. I decided that I was too tired to clean and it would have to wait til next week...period. And then I thought of what I would be doing Sunday afternoon: I would be staring at my house in anguish, perhaps pulling out the vacuum because it was definitely necessary...when I needed the day of rest God gave me.

So I decided to just vacuum the heavy traffic areas...and clean the toilets...and sweep the kitchen. Now that's not exactly heavy cleaning. But I could muster up the energy for it in the evening and feel good about facing the next day.

Okay, I'm going to have to re-write that saying. "It's better to do (even) a 10th of a job than no job at all!"

No comments: