Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Writing

A few days ago I shared with you a few snippets of a conversation about my children, which began, "If you had known you had this gene, would you have given birth to your children?" (The answer, for those who didn't read that post, is "Absolutely!")

I wish I could share with you the article I've now written on that topic. But if I were to post it here, there would be no chance I could get it published in any magazine. Magazines want first serial rights, something we who blog might like to keep in the back of our minds as we write. It could be done the reverse way, though. If it gets published, I could post it as a reprint at some point. So hopefully I will share it with you eventually! Thank you for the encouragement you gave me, and now for your patience.

In the meantime, I just need to figure out how to make pictures available, and where to submit the piece (I do have one idea where to submit, but am open to suggestions as well).

I have another question for those readers who are in the know about writing: Would any of my readers have advice for a high school student interesting in writing fiction? (Not my own child, someone else.)

Have a wonderful Halloween, Eve of the Feast of All Hallows (All Saints). However you may celebrate it, may it be a happy and safe day and evening for you and yours. God bless you.

No comments: