Saturday, October 20, 2007

What Kind of Reader are You?

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm

You're probably in the final stages of a Ph.D. or otherwise finding a way to make your living out of reading. You are one of the literati. Other people's grammatical mistakes make you insane.

Dedicated Reader
Book Snob
Literate Good Citizen
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Create Your Own Quiz


I don't know why I came out as an obsessive-compulsive bookworm. After all, I don't have my head in a book all day; some of the time I'm on the computer doing research or checking out blogs. And I don't read whole books at grocery stores, only a few pages...well, most of the time. If I have a reason to be there every day, I might read a few pages today and a few tomorrow until I've finally completed the book. I don't buy magazines at the checkstand; I just look for the longest line so I can read an article or two. When I receive book catalogs, I don't buy all the books, you know. I just read the "blurbs" so I'll know what the books are about and who is writing what. Naw, I'm not an obsessive-compulsive bookworm. Am I?



On the serious side: As a writer, I am fully aware that someone needs to buy the books and magazines! And I do buy some...according to my means and priorities. I wasn't telling you that you "ought to" read books and magazines for free. I'm just telling you that yes, I'm obsessive-compulsive about reading! And by the way, I put them back in the same condition I find them in. If I accidentally did something to injure a book, I would buy it without hesitation, even if I hadn't otherwise planned to buy it. As a matter of fact, I got one of my favorite books that way when I spilled a drop of hot chocolate within its pages at a Barnes and Noble.

No comments: