Friday, October 31, 2008

Powerful Novena of Childlike Confidence - Praying for Our Country

This upcoming election time scares me for a lot of reasons...but hey, that's nothing new. I've lived over a half century and a lot of things have scared me. One wonderful thing I've learned in all that time is that God is always with us. And so far, in my 55 years, even when some things in the world go badly, it seems that other things improve...not always because of circumstances but because God brings good not only out of good, but God also brings good out of evil.

*********************

I am planning to say this nine hour novena some time over the weekend for the elections, for our country, for all of our citizens. I'm posting it here in case any of you would like to join me.

*********************

Novena to the Infant of Prague

This novena is to be said at the same time every hour for nine consecutive hours - just one day.

O Jesus, Who hast said, ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you, through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I knock, I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request.)

O Jesus, Who hast said, all that you ask of the Father in My Name, He will grant you, through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask They Father in They Name that my prayer be granted.

(Make your request.)

O Jesus, Who hast said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away but My word shall not pass", through the intercession of Mary, Thy Most Holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted.

(Make your request.)

*********************

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I started this novena at 6:30 this morning and am continuing on the half hour every hour until 11:30pm.
By then the issue should be in hand and we will know an answer...
maybe. Lovely post.
Pax Christi, EJT

Anonymous said...

if i say the prayer one minute over the hour do i have to start over again.

Simple Faith and Life said...

Anonymous. I never worry if it's exact. It's our faith and love that count. God bless. MM

Simple Faith and Life said...

Elizabeth, I'm sorry that I missed replying to your comment. I hope your issue was resolved in a satisfactory way. God bless you. MM