Sunday, April 06, 2008

St. Jude Novena

St. Jude was one of the apostles and a cousin of Jesus. People often pray to him for "impossible" or difficult situations. If you have a situation like this, perhaps you'd like to join in this novena to St. Jude with me. You can leave a request in the comment box if you'd like (you don't have to say what your request is; you can simply say you'd like to be included). Whether you leave a comment or not, I will include the needs of anyone who reads my blog...and if you say the prayers, I would be thrilled if you would include my requests in your intentions, as well.

I am taking this novena from a book called The Catholic Family Book of Novenas, copyright 1956 by John J. Crawley & Co. with Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur. (For you who are non-Catholics, those two Latin names grant permission to publish and assurance that the prayes are approved by the Catholic Church. And a "novena" is a prayer repeated for a specified period of time, often for nine days. The repetition shows perseverance as in the parable, where Jesus said that if someone keeps knocing on the door, the master of the house will let him in just because he keeps knocking).

I am posting these prayers in good faith, assuming that the 1956 copyright has expired. If I find out that the copyright was renewed, I will remove this from my blog.

NOVENA TO ST. JUDE

INTRODUCTORY PRAYER:
Glorious Saint Jude, by those sublime prerogatives wherewith thou wast enobled in thy lifetime namely, Thy kinship with Our Lord Jesus Christ according to the flesh and thy vocation to be an apostle, by that glory which now is thine in heaven as the reward of thy apostolic labor and thy martyrdom, obtain from me from the Giver of every good gift and every perfect gift all the graces whereof I stand in need, especially [Here mention your request.], in order to treasure up in my heart the divinely inspired doctrines which thou has transmitted to us in Thy epistle, that is to say, to build our edifice of perfection upon our most holy faith, praying by the grace of the Holy Spirit to keep ourselves in the love of God by all means, to help them that go astray, exulting thus the glory and majesty, the dominion and power of Him Who is able to keep us without sin, and to present us spotless, with exceeding joy, at the coming of our Divine Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

FIRST DAY:
O Blessed Apostle Saint Jude, who labored so zealously for the conversion of the Gentiles in many lands, and performed numerous miracles in needful and despairing cases, we invoke thee to take a special interest in us and in our needs. We feel that you understand us in a particular way. Hear our prayer and our petitions and plead for us in all our necessities especially [here mention your intentions.]. May we be patient in finding out God's Holy Will and courageous in carrying it out.

Saint Jude, pray for us!
My Jesus, mercy.

*********************

You can find the prayers for all nine days of the St. Jude Novena by visiting the Scriptures and Prayers page.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to please be included in this Novena and intentions.
Thank you,
- Paul

Esther said...

I would like to be included in this Novena and prayers. I have such a miserable situation that has persisted for many years. I feel very helpless and hopeless. My family and I are going through a very great financial difficulty after having tried so hard to get back on track. St. Jude please come to our rescue. Thanks
~Esther

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Maria.I had a big misunderstanding with a man called JOe.I ask to St JUde to please bring peace between us..Thank you

Anonymous said...

I thank St. Jude for all that he has done for me and my family in the past couple of weeks. Thank you St.Jude

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank St.Jude for favors granted.

Anonymous said...

I thank St. Jude for helping me carry the load & finding a resolution to some things that have happened to me. I need his help again to help me through a difficult time right now. Please include me in this Novena and intentions. Thank you,

Anonymous said...

thank you St. Jude for favors granted

Anonymous said...

I would like to be included in your prayers. I have been struggling with infertility. I am definitely praying for a miracle. I will include you in my prayers, as well. All the Best. KMS

Anonymous said...

Please include me in your prayers. I need peace and strength in my heart as it is broken and betrayed. I thank you for keeping me in your prayers and in this Novena.

St. Jude pray for all of us and hear our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Please include my intentions to Saint Jude to intercede for me to Jesus to make my husband stop drinking ang gambling. I am giving up hope as my husband is going from bad to worse from one year now. I also ask for my two sons to pursue their career especially for my eldest son to migrate to U.K. and for my other son to succeed in the new course he is doing and get his degree. St. Jude intercede for me in my two desperate cases. In Jesus name

Anonymous said...

Please include my intentions in this Novena to St. Jude. Thank you, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Please include me in this Novena and hear my prayer.
St Jude of the impossible help grant my request... Amen

Anonymous said...

I am going through terrible time today and wish the help of St Jude. He had helped me in the past and I believe in Him. I am very hopeless and would like very much to be included in this Novena and prayer.
I will also pray on my own.
Thank you
catherine

Anonymous said...

I would like to be included in a novena as I am praying for the end of the drought in Australia and Tasmaniaand for the ones who died in the bush fires plus for world peace

Anonymous said...

please pray for the drought to end in Australia and Tasmania, for the lives lost in the bush fires that raged for to weeks and is still burning now.
For world peaceand happiness

Anonymous said...

My name is Chantal, I have asked for the intercession of St Jude in the past. I have have always felt that, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, my journey through life's difficulties has been safe. I would like to be included in this novena, as I have yet other difficulties to overcome, especially in my work place and like many others with my finances. I too include others in my prayers and thank St jude for his intercession.

Anonymous said...

I would like to be included in this novena and I will also join in prayer. I am confident that St. Jude will listen to our requests and help each one of us with our needs...

Judi said...

I desperately need prayers and I will pray for everyone also. I'm all alone and need direction. I know St. Jude will answer my prayers.

Judi

Anonymous said...

Dear St Jude, thank you for interceding to God for letting me get an A for floristry and also for letting my friend and i "patch" up after i intimidated her unintentionally due to my "social-anxiety". Also, thank you for letting me find this website to post my thanksgiving now. It's already very late and i'm tired, thank you for coming to my aid!

rosalie young said...

I ASK ST JUDE TO HELP ME AGAIN IN MY DIRE FINANCIAL SITUATION. HE HAS ALWAYS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS. PLEASE ST. JUDE I NEED HELP AGAIN. THANK YOU

rosalie young said...

PLEASE ST. JUDE I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN WITH MY DIRE FINANCIAL SITUATION, PLEASE HALP ME ST. JUDE I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOU.

Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Janet. I am newly unemployed and would like to join in this novena.

I am asking St. Jude's intervention for new employment (and the wisdom to know what direction I should take) and also a good resolution of the situation with my former employer. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Tammy I would like to be included in this novena; my husband and I need a financial blessing; and thank St Jude for all the thanks that he has done for my husband and I and our families...

God bless and thank you