Monday, October 29, 2012

Waiting for Hurricane Sandy

I just read that some people "pooh-pooh" the storm as hype. Well, it would be nice if they were right, but it seems that only a miracle would stop this hurricane now from hitting the East Coast, and it's better to be ready than not ready! It seems that it's just a matter of how much damage and where. 

Some of us have good imaginations and tend to envision details of all the possible damage and problems that can occur. But it is enough to take what comes, without trying to handle what may not happen...a lesson I'm forever trying to learn. Last night I turned to my upcoming Psalm book  to calm my nerves. I would like to share with you this meditation from that book:


  "Sometimes bad things happen but we can get through them with God's help. However, people often fear things that never do happen. 'I sought the Lord and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.' Psalm 34:4. Deliver us, O Lord, from our fears. And keep us in safety and peace."
 
 
From Baltimore, with heartfelt prayers for all my friends and neighbors, here and throughout the affected areas, as we wait and watch. 



No comments: