Sunday, January 20, 2008

Meme Going Around

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, I don't think so.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I don't cry. Just kidding. But others aren't likely to know about it...unless they're watching a sad (or happy) movie with me.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Any but bologna.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Does a bear live in the woods? Yes, I have six wonderful kids.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes! But I would probably treat myself better than I do. And I think I would like to get away from me now and then for just a little while.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? What's a lot?

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, I hope not, unless the doctor missed something when I was five.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not unless it's a safer - less scary - way to get down from the second floor of a mall than an escalator. Just kidding. Simple answer: no.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Special K with Strawberries.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? You've got to be kidding me. You mean it's okay not to untie them. I've always gotten after my kids for not untying them.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Super-resilient! And I ain't kiddin' this time. I might add, I'm resilient with help of God's grace.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Cherry Cordial. Or a cherry dipped chocolate cone from Dairy Queen.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? What they are feeling; their emotions and moods.

15. RED OR PINK? Pink.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? Ha! Like I'm going to tell you that. (Whatever it is. Now I'll be thinking all afternoon. No, I think I'll sleep instead.)

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grown kids who live in other states.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants, no shoes.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Weiner sandwich.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? In the background or listening, really listening? Oh, let's just skip this one. Listening isn't my thing, anyway (unless you have a problem you want me to listen to.)

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Sky blue.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Food cooking.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My daughter.

24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? People.

25. HAIR COLOR? Brown with premature undyed white - and proud of it.

26. EYE COLOR? Green

27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Never even considered them. I don't even like WATER in my eyes.

28. FAVORITE FOOD? The kind that goes in my mouth. I love to eat.

29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Very definitely happy endings.

30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The one I want to share with you (again) because I'm really excited about it and think everyone should see it is: Remember the Titans.

31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? I think you'd either call it raspberry or mauve.

32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Spring or Fall!

33. HUGS OR KISSES? Friends or Hubby?

34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cherry Pie.

35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Irish Red by Jim Kjelgaard...half-heartedly. Needed something light. A great book but I prefer them a little more character-driven.

36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Some bank I've never heard of. Don't know where it came from (the mouse pad, I mean, not the bank. I think I know where banks come from but I won't tell you as this is G rated. Just kidding.).

37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? The last thing I watched on t.v. that I want to recommend was a Monk episode.

38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The sound of family and friends greeting me.

39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.

40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii when I was in the 6th grade.

41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Writing. I guess whether or not I have talent is up for discussion...I haven't had a lot of talent for marketing my writing...but writing is definitely an obsession.

42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Vancouver, Washington. That's Washington State, not Washington, D.C. And that's Vancouver, Washington, on the southern border of Washington across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon, not Vancouver B.C. Have had to convince a lot of people I'm not Canadian. Maybe I should answer "where are you from" with: "Not D.C., not B.C." It could be a riddle.

If anyone reading this would like to answer these questions, please feel free to pick it up from me as I picked it up from others. Just copy, delete my answers, and insert yours. If you do, I'd love it if you'd leave me a link to your post.



Hat tip: I've seen this blog around lately, but I picked it up from Jean.

1 comment:

Jean Heimann said...

I enjoyed reading this, MM. Some of your answers made me laugh.

One thing we have in common is that we both like cherries a lot. My dh always kids me about that because when we used to bring dinners to my mom at the nursing home, (she was too ill to leave then) she always said after eating a full meal, "We should have eaten the cherry pie first!"

She had dementia and was always saying funny, but honest things like that.