Thursday, November 29, 2007

Have a Carrot Stick?

Having used the self-check-out at the grocery store hundreds of times, having been a cashier in a couple of stores, I should know how to ring up a few carrots. But I keep wondering if there's any possible mistake I could have made on those carrots. I can't think of any.

But when five moderately sized carrots came to nearly $5.00, I knew that I at least made a mistake in selecting them. I found the attendant and asked her to take them off my order for me. A dollar a carrot? No way.

Now, if you wonder, after three days is this all she can come up with to write about, well, I wanted to write about last night's television debate. (Even though I normally "never" write about politics.) However, today is our co-op day, and I have some homemade play-dough to make for my preschoolers.

I'm not sure I really wanted to start now, writing about politics, anyway. I just hope you watched...or if they do re-runs that you can catch it. I am so very glad I got to watch this.

No comments: