Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What American Accent Do You Have?

Lots of much more serious stuff is habiting my mind and I will be wanting to share some of it with you in the near future, but let's just have some fun for tonight.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West
 

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland
 
Boston
 
North Central
 
The Inland North
 
Philadelphia
 
The South
 
The Northeast
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Well, guess where I'm from? Grew up in Washington State until I was age 18. Lived in California from then until I was 40. Occasionally, though, people have asked if my accent (what accent?) is Midwestern or European (Irish maybe?...though ever so slight: the accent, that is, not the Irish, which I'm proud of).

Feel free to try the quiz for yourself and to share the results with us.



Hat tip to Alexandra at her Happy Hearts at Home blog.

And my apologies to whomever I got the "What Kind of Muffin Are You?" quiz from, the other day. Sometimes I wander from blog to link and forget where I've been. At least if I wander off when I'm on the internet, I know I can always click the X and find my way home. (Just kidding. I'm really not in the habit of getting lost in real life, only in this "virtual life".)

1 comment:

Stina said...

I apparently have an Inland North accent. I guess living in MN for 7+ years did have an effect. The last line about referring to carbonated beverages as "pop" is definitely me!