Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My God, in him will I trust

Uh, oh, they say that this blogging can be addicting. This will be my fourth post this month, and my second in just a few days.

Just wanted to share a Psalm that I opened to this afternoon. I'm not going to put a mystical interpretation to the fact that this is where I opened, because this just happens to be the middle of my Bible, and the binding is broken right at that spot. So, you open it, and presto. (Hmm, I hope "presto" is not inappropriate for Bible reading. smile). At any rate, whatever the reason, it's become one of my favorites: Psalm 90 (I think in some Bibles it might be Pslam 91. This is the Douay-Rheims translation that I'm using.).

"He that dwelleth in the aid of the most High, shall abide under the protection of the God of Jacob. He shall say to the Lord: Thou art my protector, and my refuge: my God, in him will I trust."

And verses 14-15: "Because he hoped in me I will deliver him: I will protect him because he hath known my name. He will cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation, I will deliver him, and I will glorify him."

Hmm, "because he hoped in me". That hoping is really important, isn't it? As someone said about Faith (who was that saint?), "I believe. Help thou my unbelief." It could be paraphrased to include hope: "I hope, O Lord; help me with my doubts and fears."

May the hope and the blessings of Our Dear Lord ever be yours.

No comments: